- Establish an environment where parents of gifted students feel supported, through professional and lay advice and discussion with other parents.
- Explore methods which nurture the self-concept and emotional development of talented children and their families.
- Build a network of parents who are prepared to support and advocate for their children.
Please use the link below to sign up for our next parent book study group on the social and emotional needs of the gifted. Session spots are limited and fill up quickly. Sessions are presented by our SENG - Trained Co-Facilitators, Kris Harlan and Nicole El Maroudi. Please only sign up one slot per family, two family members may attend. You will recieve an email once you are signed up letting you know you are participating. Once the sign up is full a waitlist will begin.
- What: Guided Discussion Group for Parents of Gifted Students. CCS will offer seven weekly (Wednesdays) sessions utilizing the book A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children
- When: Thursdays, January 18th-February 29th 6:00-7:30pm
- Where: Weddington Hills Elementary Media Center, 4401 Weddington Rd., Concord, NC 28027
- Cost: purchase of the book A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children (2007)
Contact either facilitator or District AIG Specialist for additional information. Space is limited.
Kris Harlan, SENG Facilitator : firstname.lastname@example.org Nicole el Maroudi, SENG Facilitator: Nicole ElMaroudi@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
Genny Fast, CCS AIG Specialist: email@example.com